Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a 4th of July weekend!

I have to say that this was probably one of the best 4th of July weekends I can remember. Certainly one of the best since I was a kid. The weather was gorgeous, and we spent the weekend at home together. I got out for a couple hours on the bike, but otherwise we were together, and that is what made it great.

We got to go for a ride together on the bike path with a trail-a-bike. I was amazed at how Ayden and I talked the whole way. He made it 9 miles (with more than a few stops) on the bike path, and I can't remember when I have had a better time! He even peddled most of the way, which does help.

I sat on the deck yesterday and watched Ayden swing on the swingset for all he was worth. The joy he gets from such a simple thing is inspiring.

It is amazing how much you can learn from an (almost) 5 year old when you take the time to look and listen. I need to remember to do that more often.

1 comment:

monnhee33 said...

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff…I think you’ve made some truly interesting points.
먹튀검증